Fact: How to make slime:
Time Required: 15 mins
1. Pour the glue into the jar. If you have a big bottle of glue, you want 4 oz or 1/2 cup of glue.
2. Fill the empty glue bottle with water and stir it into the glue (or add 1/2 cup of water).
3. If desired, add food coloring. Otherwise, the slime will be an opaque white.
4. In a separate, mix one cup (240 ml) of water into the bowl and add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of borax powder.
5. Slowly stir the glue mixture into the bowl of borax solution.
6. Place the slime that forms into your hands and knead until it feels dry. (Don’t worry about the excess water remaining in the bowl.)
7. The more the slime is played with, the firmer and less sticky it will become.
8. Have fun!
9. Store your slime in a zip-lock bag in the fridge (otherwise it will develop mold).
1. Use white glue, such as Elmer’s brand. Most ‘school glues’ do not have the correct composition.
2. Don’t eat the slime – it isn’t especially toxic, but not good for you either!
3. Slime cleans up pretty easily. Remove dried slime after soaking with water.
What You Need:
* borax powder
* 4 ounce (120 ml) glue (e.g., Elmer’s white glue)
* jar or measuring cup
* food coloring (optional)
* measuring cup